Laboratory Manager / Head of Laboratory / Technical Manager Vacancy
AML have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Laboratory Manager / Head of Laboratory / Technical Manager to work alongside the Managing Director & Quality Manager in the management of the team and assist in the maintenance and growth of the UKAS scope at this long established and growing UKAS accredited calibration & test equipment company in Ingham, Lincoln.
About the company
Dimensional, Torque, Force, NAWI, Temperature, Pressure, Electrical, Optical Properties, Viscosity, Electro Chemistry, Relative Humidity, with additional specialisms within the ink, paper & packaging industries.
Our UKAS scope covers NAWI and will soon cover a wide range of force calibrations. We also expect to have temperature added to our scope soon with further plans to include pressure, dimensional, torque and electrical in the coming years and provide an onsite and offsite calibration and repair service to a wide range of clients and industries.
About the role
As a Laboratory Manager / Head of Laboratory / Technical Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the technical and administrative maintenance and calibration of all equipment; ensure that you and staff under your control execute all work properly and safely to the correct procedure using the appropriate equipment
- Maintenance and growth of UKAS accreditation and scope
- Take the lead in external audits both ISO 17025 & ISO 9001, with assistance from the Quality Manager
- Writing, updating & validating of calibration procedures
- Reviewing and building measurement uncertainty budgets
- Development of new calibration capabilities
- Liaising with customer and suppliers
- Uphold company values and work towards company vision
To be successful for the role of Laboratory Manager / Head of Laboratory / Technical Manager, you must be / have:
- Experience of at least two calibration disciplines
- Adaptability and persistence
- Excellent understanding of calibration practices and theories
- Highly experienced in the technical aspects of BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Ability to work to the requirements of UKAS M3003
- Experience of working within a customer focussed environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills are desirable
- Internal auditing experience would be an advantage
- Ideally have experience of Indysoft and Procal (Transmille)
- Experienced line manager with performance management expertise
- Ability to mentor and coach junior employees
- Full driving licence
About the hours & rewards
As a Laboratory Manager / Head of Laboratory / Technical Manager you will receive an excellent salary of £37,500 to £50,000 per annum depending on experience plus:
- 24 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Relocation package available for the right candidate
- Training allowance for external training
- Virtual 24 / 7 GP appointments & metal health support & counselling
- Life Insurance
- Training in disciplines not experienced in
- Commission paid on sales enquires generated
How to Apply
Please email your CV with covering letter to [email protected]
Or call Alex on 01522 789 375 for an informal and confidential chat.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!