Due to continued growth AML Instruments are looking for an experienced Calibration Engineer; we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience of process control instrumentation.
AML are a family owned, rapidly growing Calibration Company whose niche market is the Packaging, Paper and Plastics companies; however, we work across most sectors. AML is an ISO 9001 accredited and currently working towards UKAS ISO 17025 accreditation. Your time will be split between making visits to customers and work in the office.
- A sound mechanical or electrical engineering background
- Experience of calibrating a variety of equipment with a willingness to learn new techniques
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to record results quickly and accurately
- Friendly and professional customer service skills
- Full UK Driving Licence with less than 3 points.
- Be able to drive long distances often with early starts (typical annual millage 40,000)
- Live within 30 minutes (approx.) driving time of Scunthorpe
- A flexible attitude to hours worked. Some weekend working is required.
- Experience of calibrating and repairing process control instrumentation, e.g. Thermocouples, RTD’s, temperature controllers, flow meters, pressure transmitters, load cells, control loops and control valves.
- Experience of calibrating the type of equipment found in the Paper, Packaging and Plastics industries
- Be able to write and implement thorough and detailed calibration procedures
- Willingness to promote our products and services while on site
- Experience of working to UKAS ISO 17025 procedures
- To be able to repair electro mechanical equipment
- Attractive work pattern with some flexibility
- 4 day working week (42 hours) that could include weekends.
- Company vehicle after training period
- 25 to 35 K Salary Depending on experience
- 7 weeks Annual Leave
- Attractive commission rates on any sales or leads
- Full instrument specific training given
- A prospect to further your career as the company grows
All employees are subject to a Scottish Disclosure check
Please email your current CV and supporting letter to Alex Leeson alex(at)amlinstruments.co.uk